Waislitz Global Citizen Awards for Works that end extreme poverty 2022 is inviting credible applicants who are willing to partake in its ongoing 2022 Scholarship programme at Global Citizen
Global Citizen is a movement of engaged citizens who are using their collective voice to end extreme poverty by 2030. Global Citizen, also known as Global Poverty Project.
The organization was founded by Hugh Evans, Simon Moss, and Wei Soo.
Benefits of Waislitz Global Citizen Awards
These 2022 Awards feature three awards totaling $200,000.
- $100,000: Waislitz Global Citizen Award (Grand Prize)
- $50,000: The Waislitz Global Citizen Disruptor Award
- $50,000: The Waislitz Global Citizens’ Choice Award
In addition to the cash prizes, the three winners will be profiled in editorial pieces that will be featured on the Global Citizen platform and social media.
Requirements for Waislitz Global Citizen Awards Qualification
Entrants aged eighteen (18) years of age or older from anywhere in the world are eligible to apply for the awards.
Interview date, Process, and Venue for Waislitz Global Citizen Awards
All applicants will be evaluated based on individual merit, including the following five key areas:
- GLOBAL CITIZENSHIP: How does the applicant embody and exemplify the values and practices of a Global Citizen?
- PROOF OF CONCEPT: Does the applicant have a strong proof of concept with at least 1-2 years of impact towards ending extreme poverty?
- DISRUPTION: Has the applicant created a measurable impact in an innovative manner that disrupts the systems that allow for extreme poverty to exist?
- SCALABILITY: How would this award enable/support the applicant to scale or improve their work?
- ADAPTABILITY: Can the applicant demonstrate examples of their ability to adapt and evolve to changing conditions?
The grand prize Waislitz Global Citizen Award will be awarded to an applicant based on the 5 criteria listed above.
The Waislitz Global Citizen Disruptor Award will be awarded to an individual who excels in the “Disruption” criteria.
The Waislitz Global Citizens’ Choice Award will be selected with input from public online voting by the Global Citizen community.
Applicants will be judged against criteria by a group of judges appointed by Global Citizen.
10 semi-finalists will be selected and notified on or around June 24th, 2022. Those semi-finalists will move forward to a public vote and final round of judging.
From the semi-finalists, 3 winners will be selected by the Waislitz Foundation and notified on or around July 18th, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Global Citizen on my.reviewr.com to apply
For more details, visit Global Citizen website.