Venture Showcase Africa– Women founder edition is inviting credible applicants who are willing to partake in its ongoing 2022 Scholarship programme at VC4A
VC4A is a non-profit organization that works to connect entrepreneurs to create innovative and high emerging businesses with the mentorship, knowledge network, and funding they require to excel and build up new businesses.
Benefits of VC4A Venture Showcase Africa– Women founder edition
- Being recognized as 2022 VC4A Venture Showcase entrepreneur
- Participation in the VC4A Venture Showcase deal room, including 200+ early-stage investor organizations
- Professionally edited 3-minute virtual pitch featured at the Africa Early Stage Investor Summit (November 2-4, 2022)
- 30 min deep-dive session with investors in a private room
- Mentorship and technical support by partnering VC investors and corporates
- AWS Activate offers selected cohort credits, tools, resources, and more to quickly get started on AWS
- Joining the alumni network and having exclusive access to partner events and fundraising opportunities
If you are selected for the Showcase, you are expected to:
- Engage with assigned mentors (partner VC investors) and VC4A team to prepare your 3-minute and 20-minute presentations, as well as 2-pagers with investor data as part of the deal book;
- Be prepared to pitch and engage with VC investors in the period of October – November 2022 and be part of the VC4A Venture Showcase and the Africa Early Stage Investor Summit 2022 (#AESIS2022).
Requirements for VC4A Venture Showcase Africa– Women founder edition Qualification
- You have a very strong management team of at least 3 people including one (or more) woman founder;
- Your company is for-profit and registered as an independent legal entity;
- You have a product or service available on the market and generate revenue;
- Your product or service is clearly innovative and/or your business model is new, disruptive and designed for scale;
- Your team is based in one or more countries on the African continent;
- At least one of the founders has an African nationality;
- You are seeking Seed or Series A investment in the range of $250K – $10M;
- While there will be exceptions, most likely your startup has already received external investment, structured as either debt or equity, or received grants from donor organizations.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to VC4A on vc4a.com to apply
For more details, visit VC4A website.