L’Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science International Awards is inviting credible applicants who are willing to partake in its ongoing 2022 Scholarship programme at UNESCO
UNESCO is the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization. It was established to foster global peace through international cooperation in Education, Sciences, and Culture.
Benefits of L’Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science International Awards
Each of the five Laureates will receive an award of €100,000.
Requirements for L’Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science International Awards Qualification
The candidate must:
- Be recognized for her scientific excellence by the international scientific community,
- Be actively involved in scientific research,
- Work in any field of the Life and Environmental sciences mentioned in appendix 1
For your information, there is no age constraint regarding the candidate.
Interview date, Process and Venue for L’Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science International Awards
The selection criteria of the candidates are the following:
- The candidate’s outstanding contribution to the general advancement of science,
- The impact of the candidate’s research on the current state of the relevant scientific field (number, quality and impact of publications, conference presentations, patents),
- The recognition of the candidate by peers within her discipline through publications, -The recognition of the candidate’s commitments to education, teaching activities, mentoring and/or to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals more broadly.
- The L’Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science Awards are non-renewable.
How to Apply
To be considered eligible for an award, it is necessary to be nominated in writing by an eminent scientist. Self-nominations are not eligible, nor nominations from immediate family members.
Teams are not eligible for nomination.
Qualified nominators may be :
- Heads of University or Scientific Institutions,
- Members of Academies of Science,
- Holders of Research Chairs,
- Full professors
- Past For Women in Science Award Laureates,
- or at a minimum holders of a PhD in Science.
Nominations can only be submitted electronically through the online dedicated platform here and have to be written in English.
If new to the system, the nominator will need to create a user ID and password.
An application is considered complete only if it includes all of the following documents below
For more details, visit UNESCO website.