Human Rights Fellowship for People of African Descent (Switzerland) is inviting credible applicants who are willing to partake in its ongoing 2022 Scholarship programme at United Nations
The United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (UNOCHA) is part of the United Nations Secretariat responsible for bringing together humanitarian actors to ensure a coherent response to emergencies. OCHA also ensures there is a framework within which each actor can contribute to the overall response effort.
Benefits of Human Rights Fellowship for People of African Descent
The Fellowship programme provides the participants with the opportunity to:
- Learn about and deepen their understanding of the international human rights law and the UN human rights system, the international framework to combat racism, racial discrimination, xenophobia and related intolerance, and intersecting issues with a focus on people of African descent;
- Strengthen skills in developing project proposals, delivering presentations and submitting information to human rights mechanisms;
- Gain first-hand exposure to human rights mechanisms;
- Meet with a wide-range of actors.
Each fellow is entitled to a return ticket (economy class) from the country of residence to Geneva; basic health insurance; and a stipend to cover modest accommodation and other living expenses for the duration of the Programme.
Requirements for Human Rights Fellowship for People of African Descent Qualification
To be eligible for the Human Rights Fellowship:
- The candidate must be an individual of African descent living in the Diaspora. · The candidate must have a minimum of 4 years of work experience related to the rights of People of African Descent.
- The candidate needs to have sufficient command of the English language to be able to participate fully in the programme.
- The candidate has to submit a letter from an organization working on issues related to People of African Descent or minority rights certifying their status.
- The candidates must be available to attend the full duration of the programme. The selected fellows will be expected to participate in different activities and to strictly follow the programme.
How to Apply
Applicants are requested to submit the following documents in one single e-mail to [email protected]
Important: Please mention in the subject header of your e-mail: “Application for the 2022 Fellowship Programme for People of African Descent.”
Name the attached document as follows:
- LAST NAME First name – Type of document
- Example: SMITH Jacqueline – Application form.doc
- SMITH Jacqueline – A Personal Statement.doc
- SMITH Jacqueline – Letter certifying Status.pdf
- SMITH Jacqueline – Passport.pdf
For more details, visit UN website.