Storytelling Through Augmented Reality (AR) Workshops and Grants is inviting credible applicants who are willing to partake in its ongoing 2022 Scholarship programme at Medium
In each city, ten to fifteen interdisciplinary artists will engage in discussions and exercises, familiarising themselves with some key AR tools in order to think creatively about how AR can serve artistic practice. All meals during the workshop will be provided by the organisers.
The medium was launched in August 2012 as an American online publishing platform that is owned by A Medium Corporation and developed by Evan Williams.
Benefits of Storytelling Through Augmented Reality (AR) Workshops and Grants
$10 000 (USD) in micro-grants will be awarded to artists to develop their creative projects. Artists will retain ownership of all work developed at the workshop and/or with grant funds.
Requirements for Storytelling Through Augmented Reality (AR) Workshops and Grants Qualification
Applicants must be:
- Citizens or permanent residents of Kenya, Uganda or Tanzania
- Currently living in the city where the workshops take place (Nairobi, Kampala or Dar es Salaam)
- Accomplished in an artistic field. Any creative discipline is welcome
- Experience in a creative technology field is preferred but not required
How to Apply
For more details, visit the website.
The last day to submit is Tuesday, May 17, 2022. All successful applicants will be notified by Friday, May 27, 2022.
- The workshop will run in Nairobi, Kenya on Wednesday, June 8 and Thursday, June 9, 2022
- The workshop will run in Kampala, Uganda on Monday, June 13 and Tuesday, June 14, 2022.
The workshop will run in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania on Friday June 17 and Saturday June 18, 2022