UNU-WIDER Winter School for African Researchers is inviting credible applicants who are willing to partake in its ongoing 2022 Scholarship programme at UNU
About United Nations University
- UNU is a renowned research center with a collection of top researchers from all over the world.
- United Nations University is the right institution to deal with social and political issues around the world
- The United Nations University is located in Japan
Topics that will be addressed during the course include:
1) Taxation and development: A developing country perspective
2) Tax incidence and excess burden: Theory and empirics
3) Tax evasion and enforcement
4) Optimal taxation and redistribution
5) International taxation
Benefits of UNU-WIDER Winter School
UNU-WIDER will provide successful applicants with a travel grant to cover costs of travel to and from the home institution, accommodation, and most meals during the stay in Cape Town. Backoffice support will also be available to obtain an entry visa to South Africa.
Requirements for UNU-WIDER Winter School Qualification
The applicant must be a researcher or an analyst that has shown ability and interest to conduct policy-driven research on African economies. Candidates should be fluent in oral and written English and possess good quantitative analytical skills. Application is open to researchers from ministries, revenue authorities, other government agencies, universities, and research institutes in sub-Saharan Africa. Applications from suitably qualified early-career female researchers are particularly encouraged. Course certificates will be issued to participants who join a minimum of 80% of the lectures and practical sessions in both parts of the course.
How to Apply
UNU-WIDER only receives online applications for the UNU-WIDER Winter School. Deadline for submission of applications is 18 March 2022 23:59 UTC+2 via this link.
Please take note that the following documents are required when submitting your application:
- A motivational letter
- A one-page originally written Stata code sample
- Letter of recommendation. This document must be submitted by its signatory to [email protected] before 18 March 2022 and you must provide her/his name in the application
Shortlisted candidates may be requested to take a short test on their quantitative skills (Stata coding, interpretation of regression results etc.). This will take place online.
Selected applicants will be informed by e-mail of the final decision within two weeks of the closing deadline. The selected applicants must confirm their decision to take up the offer within two weeks of being contacted.
For more details, visit UNU website.