The Caine Prize is inviting credible applicants who are willing to partake in its ongoing 2022 Scholarship for;
- A contest
- Open to African applicants
- At Caine Prize AKO
- Successful applicants will be awarded £10,000
About The Caine Prize
The Caine Prize is a distinguished literature prize award written in English that aims to bring exceptional African writing to a wider international audience through the annual award.
|Institution||The Caine Prize|
|Deadline||January 31, 2022|
Requirements for This Contest
- The story must have been published in the five years preceding the submissions deadline. For 2022 eligibility, the judges will only consider work published after 31st January 2017
- Stories less than 3,000 words or exceeding 10,000 words are not eligible for the Prize.
- Short stories must be submitted by a publisher – including publishers of physical and digital literary journals or magazines. Self-published and unpublished works are not eligible.
- Publishers must obtain consent from the writer(s) before submitting their stories for the Prize.
- Stories submitted for the Prize must have been published in English. Translated stories are eligible, provided that an English translation has been published.
- Stories that have been previously submitted for the Caine Prize are not eligible.
- Genres not eligible for entry include stories for children, factual writing, plays and autobiography/biography.
- Submissions must specify which African country the author comes from and the word count.
- Publishers are encouraged to submit multiple short stories as long as they do not submit more than one story by the same author.
How To Apply
Qualified and interested applicants are to click on the link below to apply.