Sonke Health & Human Rights Fellowship is inviting credible applicants who are willing to partake in its ongoing 2022 Scholarship programme at UCLA Law.
UCLA Law was established in the year 1949, it is ranked top 20 law schools in the United States and one of the 12 professional schools at the University of California, Los Angeles.
Benefits of Sonke Health & Human Rights Fellowship
The fellowship offers a full-tuition grant to enroll in UCLA Law’s LL.M. (Master of Laws) Program. Sonke will assist fellows with identifying additional funds for their studies (though there is no guarantee that these will be secured). Upon graduating, fellows have the opportunity to apply for a one-year fellowship placement with Sonke Gender Justice Network in Cape Town.
Requirements for Sonke Health & Human Rights Fellowship Qualification
- The UCLA Law – Sonke Health & Human Rights Fellowship is open to legal professionals and law graduates holding LL.B. degrees classified second class (division one) or higher from South African law school programmes.
- Competitive applicants will also have a demonstrated commitment to health, human rights, or gender equality, and work or volunteer experience in this area. Note that non-South African applicants must have a valid work permit.
- As a condition of the award, Fellows will be asked to certify that they will return to Africa upon completion of their LL.M. degree, and commit to a public interest career that promotes health, human rights, and gender equality in the African region for at least one year.
How to Apply
To apply for admission, prospective students must submit an online application to UCLA Law’s LL.M. program, a separate supplemental application form for the UCLA Law – Sonke Health & Human Rights Fellowship, and supporting documentation.
- UCLA Law LL.M. Program Application
To create an account and complete the online LL.M. program application, click the link above and follow the instructions.
- UCLA Law – Sonke Health & Human Rights Fellowship Supplemental Application Form [PDF]
After submitting the online LL.M. program application, click the link above to download the supplemental application for the Sonke Health & Human Rights Fellowship. After completing this form, please submit it by mail to UCLA Law along with the required documents listed at the “Supporting Documentation” link below.
- Supporting Documentation
Click the link above to view the list of required supporting documents for the UCLA Law LL.M. program application. Please mail these documents, along with your completed UCLA Law – Sonke Health & Human Rights Supplemental Application Form, to UCLA Law at the listed address by the application deadline of March 1.
For more details, vsit UCLA Law website.