Open Africa Power for Young African Leaders is inviting credible applicants who are willing to partake in its ongoing 2022 Scholarship programme at Enel Foundation.
Enel Foundation was Established in early 2012 as an Italian non-profit organization promoted and financed by Enel S.p.A.
Benefits of Open Africa Power
Open Africa Power’s fourth edition will engage up to 60 African students and alumni in a series of professional development and leadership activities, comprising residential training modules in South Africa.
Requirements for Open Africa Power Qualification
The Open Africa Power selection process is an open, merit-based, competition. The application period opens on 11 February 2022 and closes on 25 March 2022.
To be eligible, candidates must meet the following criteria:
· Be between the ages of 24 and 35 by 3 May 2022;
· Be a citizen of an African country;
· Currently reside in an African country or planning to relocate to Africa by the end of 2022;
· Be eligible to travel to Italy. All candidates are invited to check well in advance the procedure applicable to their specific case;
· Be a graduate from or current student (having an admission letter is also acceptable) of a PhD, MSc, LLM, MPP or MBA degree. Undergraduate students or people who are not at least enrolled in a master’s degree are not eligible for this program. One of the two degrees (Bachelor or Masters) must be from an African university;
· Have competencies and a demonstrated interest to pursue a career – in private or public sector – in the electricity space at large;
· Be fully proficient in English;
· Be willing to promote gender equality and women´s empowerment within and beyond the programme.
To encourage and elevate more women in the energy sector, Enel Foundation and SEforALL will ensure that 50% of the Open Africa Power 2022 participants are women.
How to Apply
Applications are to be filed through our dedicated platform exclusively, using the verification code (OAPF2022). We highly invite you to start and complete your application on both Google Chrome and a desktop environment for the best results possible in terms of stability and reliability of the platform. Please click on the link and copy-paste the code written above in order to begin the process.
The application process begins with a registration form that allows applicants to sign up by entering their contact details. They will then receive a confirmation email redirecting them to the actual application form, which is divided into stages. At any given stage, if the required document is not uploaded, the system will prevent the applicant from advancing to the next stage. To successfully complete the process, all the documents listed in the bullet points above are required. Applications can be saved and resumed at a later stage. However, once an application is submitted, it cannot be amended. Therefore, please make sure your submission meets the requirements.
Interested candidates acknowledge that by submitting their application they will share personal data and authorize the treatment of personal data only for the scope of this program. Without such authorization, the application will not be submitted. For full information please read the privacy note.
For more details, visit Enel Foundation website.