The University of Birmingham is inviting credible applicants who are willing to partake in its ongoing 2022 Scholarship for
- A masters degree program
- Open to African nationals
- To study in the field of courses taught at the university
- At University of Birmingham
- Successful applicants will be awarded a full tuition fee
University of Birmingham was founded in the year 1825 as the Birmingham School of Medicine and Surgery with population of 23,155 undergraduate and 12,605 postgraduate students.
University of Birmingham 7th largest in the UK.
Why You Should Study at University of Birmingham
- The scholarship holder will be in financial need as determined by the University.
- The scholarship holder will be from the continent of Africa.
- The scholarship will be allocated on the basis of academic excellence, relevant experience and evidence of a commitment to the economic development of Africa.
- Scholarships apply to one-year, full-time MBA programmes only.
Requirements for Global Masters Scholarship Qualification
In order to be eligible, candidates must meet the following requirements. Candidates must:
- Have received, and accepted, an offer of admission for a taught Masters degree at the University of Birmingham UK Campus to study in the 2022/23 academic year.
- Be classed as ‘domiciled’ in one of the eligible countries.
- Be classed by the University as an overseas fee payer for tuition fee purposes.
- Start their studies at the University in September/ October 2022 on a course delivered on-campus.
- Have paid the standard £2,000 Admissions deposit by 30 June 2022.
- Be academically exceptional and able to provide evidence for this in the scholarship application statement. Candidates should have, or be expecting to achieve, a first class overall grade (at least 70% in the UK system) in a bachelors degree or equivalent.
For example, we consider a UK first class degree to be equivalent to the following grading systems in the US, India, Nigeria and China:
- 3.5 out of 4.0 and above in the US GPA system.
- 70% in the Indian grading system
- 3.5 (out of 4.0) or 4.5 (out of 5.0) or 6.2 (out of 7.0) in the Nigerian grading system
- 85% grade awarded by a top tier Chinese University, 90% grade awarded by a mid-tier Chinese University
How to Apply
This is a competitive scholarship and candidates who fulfil the eligibility requirements outlined above, and who have been issued and accepted an offer of admission to a Masters degree at Birmingham, are welcome to apply for this scholarship by completing our online scholarship application form below.
Please complete the form accurately and in full as any incomplete applications will not be considered and cannot be amended once submitted. Please only complete the scholarship application form once as any duplicate applications will not be considered and we will only review your first submission.
The deadline to apply for this scholarship is 30 June 2022 at 23:59 (UK time / GMT+1).
For more details, visit University of Birmingham website.