KAAD Scholarship Programme is inviting credible applicants who are willing to partake in its ongoing 2022 Scholarship for;
- A Postgraduate degree Program
- Open to International Students
- To study in all field of courses offered
- At the KAAD Scholarship participating Universities
- Successful Candidates will be awarded Fully-funded scholarship.
Benefits of Fellowship Programme
Applicants who are awarded scholarships for Germany under S1 are helped by KAAD with their Visa-modalities, paid for the flights to Germany and back, provided with language training in Germany prior to their studies, etc.
Requirements for Fellowship Programme Qualification
To be eligible for the KAAD Fellowship, candidates must:
- come from a developing or emerging country in Africa, Asia, the Middle East or Latin America and are currently living there
- have a university degree and professional experience from their home country
- want to acquire a master’s degree or a PhD at a German university or do a post-doctoral research project (2-6 months for established university lecturers) at a German university
- be Catholic Christian (or generally belong to a Christian denomination). Candidates from other religions can apply if they are proposed by Catholic partners and can prove their commitment to interreligious dialogue
- possess German language skills before starting the studies (KAAD can provide a language course of max. 6 months in Germany)
Interview date, Process and Venue for Fellowship Programme
- KAAD’s mission is to give scholarships mainly to lay members of the Catholic Church. This means, that – There is a preference for Catholic applicants.
- However, among the scholars, there is a limited number of: Protestant Christians, Orthodox Christians (especially from Ethiopia)and Muslims.
- Catholic priests and religious people are eligible only in very rare cases.
Expectations from KAAD:
- Above-average performance in studies and research
- The orientation of your studies or research towards permanent reintegration in your home region (otherwise the scholarship is turned into a loan),
- Religious and social commitment (activities) and willingness to inter-religious dialogue.
How to Apply
Interested graduates can fill an online questionnaire, which they find on the application webpage www.kaad-application.de. For detailed information about application requirements and procedures, we recommend to read the FAQs.
For more details, visit KAAD website.