The Commission for Developing Countries is inviting credible applicants who are willing to partake in its ongoing 2022 Scholarship for;
- A Fellowship program
- Open to applicants based in an African developing country.
- At Commission for Developing Countries
- Successful applicants will be awarded 5,000 USD
About Commission for Developing Countries
The Commission for Developing Countries is a non-government organization that works to advance, strengthen, and promote mathematics in the developing world. The organization also grants programs for mathematicians and also offer volunteer lecture program.
|Institution||Commission for Developing Countries|
October 1, 2022
Requirements for This Program
The following criteria must be met by the applicant to be eligible for the program:
- The applicant must hold a valid doctoral degree (PhD) in mathematics.
- The applicant must be based (place of work) in an African developing country.
- The applicant must be employed as a mathematician in a faculty of a university or an equivalent higher education institution.
- The applicant already has established contact with a mathematician in the host institution in a mathematical centre of excellence and have a definite research plan together with the host. This must be submitted as part of the application.
- The applicant has been granted appropriate leave of absence from his/her home institution during the period of the visit.
- The applicant must be formally invited by the host institution, through a written letter which clearly specifies the period of the research visit and the extent of the host institutions’ financial commitment and support to the applicant.
Host institutions are expected to provide office space, free internet access and other basic amenities. The host institution is also expected to help the applicant to find appropriate accommodation. In the event that no guest house or flat is available, the host institution has to issue a letter that accommodation is only possible in an economic hotel/apartment hotel with kitchenette. The invitation must be signed by the dean/head of the faculty of the host institution (not the host).
- The minimal length of a visit is one month. There is no maximal length, however this is a sabbatical/ research visit and not a fellowship position in the host institution (e.g. doing a post-doctoral).
How To Apply
Qualified and interested applicants are to click on the link below to apply.