Art Scholarship for South African Students is inviting credible applicants who are willing to partake in its ongoing 2022 Scholarship programme at the South African Reserve Bank.
South African Reserve Bank was established in the year 1921 and serves as the monetary authority of South Africa.
Benefits of South African Reserve Bank Art Scholarship
The scholarship has a value of R50 000. Scholarship recipients will be required to participate in the SARB’s mentorship program and to donate one piece of artwork from their graduate project as part of the South African Reserve Bank.
Requirements for South African Reserve Bank Art Scholarship Qualification
To apply for the SARB Art Scholarship 2022, candidates must meet the following minimum eligibility criteria. If you fail to meet any of the below-mentioned requirements, your application will not be considered for the bursary programme. Therefore, make sure you meet all the requirements before applying.
- You must be a South African citizen
- Students must be studying at a recognized and accredited South African university or university of technology in South Africa’s Gauteng Province
- In 2022, you must be entering the final year of your undergraduate studies in Fine Arts
- Applicants must be currently registered or pursuing one of the following degrees or diplomas:
- Students in the final year of a 4-year fine arts undergraduate degree, or
- Advanced diploma of 1-year in fine arts (after three years of undergraduate diploma studies in fine arts) or
- A degree with honours in fine arts (after completing a three-year undergraduate degree in fine arts)
Interview date, Process and Venue for South African Reserve Bank Art Scholarship
The shortlisted candidates will be selected based on the following criteria: artwork submitted, academic results, and artist statement. Interviews will be conducted at the Pretoria head office for shortlisted candidates. Applicants who do not hear back should accept their application as not successful.
Documents Required for Application
Candidates eligible to apply for the bursary programmes must submit copies of their supporting documents along with their duly filled application form. It is mandatory to submit all the required documents as missing any of the following documents will result in the cancellation of your application. Therefore, applicants need to be extra careful while applying.
- Certified copy of your ID document
- Transcripts and academic records until the year 2022
- 3 to 5 photographic reproductions of your artwork
- The artist statement should include the following information: about yourself (the artist), his or her work, reasons they should be awarded the scholarship, and why they need financial assistance (in maximum of 300 words)