The University of Oxford is inviting credible applicants who are willing to partake in its ongoing 2022 Scholarship for;
- A Post-graduate degree Program
- Open to International and Domestic Students
- To study in all fields of courses offered
- At the University Of Oxford
- Successful Candidates will be awarded a stipend of £17,310 per annum (£1,442.50 per month).
About the University of Oxford.The 926-years-old Oxford University which comprises 38 Colleges and 6 Permanent Private Halls that are all independent and self-governing is an institute of higher learning situated in Oxford, England in the United Kingdom. It is famed as the oldest University in the English-speaking world. The highly ranked University of Oxford has been the best university in the world for an impressive sixth consecutive year. Oxford was also ranked first in THE‘s 2021 subject rankings for clinical and health and the subject rankings for computer science. The University was also ranked in the top 5 in THE’s World Universities Rankings by subject for social sciences, life sciences, engineering and technology, business and economics, arts and humanities, law, and education. Oxford also ranked first in the global subject rankings for arts and humanities, and top five for natural sciences, life sciences and medicine, and social sciences and management. Indeed, for the student aiming for the zenith of education, Oxford is the place.
Benefits of Skoll MBA Scholarships
- The Skoll Scholarship covers the full costs of tuition and college fees for the MBA programme at Saïd Business School, University of Oxford. The Scholarship also covers partial living expenses.
- In addition to financial support, the Scholarship provides access to the Skoll Scholar community, a group of leaders who are positively impacting the world through innovation and systems change, as well as exclusive opportunities to meet with world-renowned entrepreneurs, thought leaders, and investors.
Requirements for Skoll MBA Scholarships QualificationTo be considered, you need to meet the following criteria:
- By the time the candidates apply for the MBA, they must have spent preferably at least 3 years either:
- starting and growing a social venture;
- OR leading a major expansion of an existing social venture or programme within an organisation;
- OR pursuing positive change as an impact career professional, i.e. someone who has used entrepreneurial approaches to address the same social/environmental issue, with a clear core thread that unites his/her work.
- Candidates will have used entrepreneurial approaches to identify opportunities, taken action to positively shift the status quo, and produced proven impact that contributes to rectifying unjust systems and practices in their chosen area of work.
- Candidates must demonstrate evidence of personal qualities strongly resonating with entrepreneurial leadership, and illustrate how these have influenced their career path thus far. These qualities include:
- Single-mindedness and persistence in pursuit of a social/environmental benefit goal, including a willingness to face failure and start again;
- A bias towards action rather than reflection on an issue and a willingness to apprentice with a problem* if they are tackling a challenge they didn’t personally live;
- A tendency to explore the environment for opportunities and resources;
- A willingness to take personal, and sometimes financial, risks;
- A propensity to develop networks and draw upon their members to pursue mutual goals.
- Candidates must demonstrate how a business education can contribute to the wider development of their work. They will need to illustrate why a business degree at this stage of their career trajectory can help them amplify their impact.
- Candidates must demonstrate some evidence of their need for the Scholarship. This may be exhibited, for example, in previous work experiences or personal backgrounds which make self-funding the MBA a significant financial burden.
Interview date, Process and Venue for Skoll MBA ScholarshipsSelection Criteria
- All the candidates are required to take the GMAT test for entry to Oxford’s MBA programme.
- Candidates whose first language is not English or who have not studied at an English speaking University are required to take either the TOEFL or IELTS tests.
- Demonstrate evidence of need for financial support.
Application DeadlineJanuary 4, 2023
How to ApplyIn order to apply for the Skoll Scholarship you first need to apply and be accepted onto the Saïd Business School’s MBA program. To be formally considered for a Skoll Scholarship, you need to state your interest in the “Scholarships” section of the MBA application form. Do this by checking the box next to “Skoll”. When your MBA application is submitted, the MBA admissions team will first assess your application to ensure that you meet the academic requirements sought by the school. If you are accepted onto the programme, you will be sent an essay question that needs to be completed. The Skoll Centre will then consider your candidacy for the scholarship. A final decision will be made after a phone interview. For more details, visit the website.