Ph.D. scholarship Machine Learning in Computer Vision is inviting credible applicants who are willing to partake in its ongoing 2022 Scholarship programme at Flinders University.
Flinders University was founded in 1966 as a public research university in Adelaide. The university is ranked amongst the world’s top 300 institutions according to the Times Higher Education rankings.
Candidates with related backgrounds in Computer vision, Image processing, image analysis, Computer Science, ICT and Engineering, Mathematics, and Statistics are invited to apply. Demonstrated working knowledge of Computer Vision and Machine Learning in images is essential. Good programming skills in Matlab or python are also essential. Previous research experience with CT images is beneficial. Ideally, the successful candidate should have journal publications and/or conference presentation experience.
The successful candidate will work under the supervision of Dr. Gobert Lee https://www.flinders.edu.au/people/gobert.lee and Dr. Mariusz Bajger and will collaborate with academic and industrial collaborators. We are looking for a highly self-motivated student. The successful candidate must be able to work independently as well as a member of a team. The successful candidate must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills toward staff, students, and collaborators.
Benefits of Ph.D. scholarship Machine Learning in Computer Vision
The scholarship will be awarded for 3 years and includes:
- A stipend valued at $28,854 per annum (indexed annually)
- Possibility of a 6-month extension
- Industry internship of at least 60 full-time equivalent days
Requirements for Ph.D. scholarship Machine Learning in Computer Vision Qualification
- Australian and International students are eligible
- Meet the Flinders University Ph.D. admission requirements
- Be available to commence as a full-time Ph.D. student at Flinders University before June 2022 (subject to negotiation)
How to Apply
Interested candidates MUST first send an expression of interest (EOI) to Dr. Gobert Lee [email protected] Please state “EOI Ph.D. Scholarship” in the subject of the email and please include
(1) a cover letter outlining your research interests, your motivation for pursuing a Ph.D., and your suitability for this project;
(2) a curriculum vitae (including education, work/research experience, and publications);
(3) academic transcripts; and
(4) contact details of two academic/industry referees.
Please note that the closing date is a guide only. This opportunity may close earlier if the position is filled. EOI will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to submit a full application. The successful candidate will ideally begin by May 2022 (subject to negotiation).
Dr. Gobert Lee
For more details, visit Flinders University’s website.