Africa and the Middle East is inviting credible applicants who are willing to partake in its ongoing 2022 Scholarship programme at Orange Social Venture Prize
Benefits of Orange Social Venture Prize
For the International Grand Prix, awards are as follows:
- 1st prize: the payment of an amount of €25,000 (twenty-five thousand
- 2nd prize: the payment of an amount of €15,000 (fifteen thousand
- 3rd prize: the payment of an amount of €10,000 (ten thousand euros).
For the International Women’s Prize, the award is as follows:
- The payment of an amount of €20,000 (twenty thousand euros) funded by the Group Diversity and Inclusion Department.
Furthermore, support will be proposed to the 10 International Grand Prix
shortlisted finalists (including the 3 prizewinners) and the winner of the International Women’s Prize. Support will be offered in the form of quarterly telephone/video meetings during which the winners will present a progress report. They will benefit from advice given by business and finance professionals. If the award is attributed to a team, it will be awarded to the Project team leader who filled in the entry form.
If the prize is awarded to an organisation, it will be given to the legal
representative of the organisation.
Requirements for Orange Social Venture Prize Qualification
- Entrepreneur: You must be aged over 21 years as of 9 March 2021
- Legal entity: You have exercised the activity for less than 3 years on 9 March 2022
- Your project is implemented in one of the 17 countries where Orange is present in Africa and the Middle-East
- Your project offers an innovating solution using ICT (mobile or internet) to
answer population or environmental needs.
Interview date, Process and Venue for Orange Social Venture Prize
The Orange Social Venture Prize includes two stages; first, a local phase that takes place between March and June in the 17 Orange subsidiaries. The countries then each choose three prizewinners. During the second phase, the winners from each country compete with each other. An international jury consisting of representatives of the Orange start-up ecosystem then meet to decide on the international POESAM prizewinners.
The three (3) national winners will qualify automatically, without the need to resubmit their Project, for the International Grand Prix, organised by Orange MEA. The grand jury has the final decision on nominating the 3 prizewinners for the Orange Social Venture Prize Africa & Middle East.
International Women’s Prize:
Projects eligible for the International Women’s Prize are identified using two filters when candidates register their Project online: the Project must be led by a women or propose a technological solution to improve women’s lives.
Projects that are eligible for the International Grand Prix may also qualify for the International Women’s Prize, as long as they meet the identification criteria mentioned above. The grand jury has the final decision on nominating the overall winner of the International Women’s Prize within the Orange Social Venture Prize Africa & Middle East
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Orange Ventures on poesam.orange.com to apply
For more details, visit the website.