Margaret Busby New Daughters of Africa Award for African Women 2022 is inviting credible applicants who are willing to partake in its ongoing 2022 Scholarship programme at SOAS University of London
Why You Should Study at SOAS University of London
- Candidates must be domiciled (or permanent residents) in an African country.
- Preference will be given to scholarship candidates living in Sub?Saharan Africa.
The Margaret Busby New Daughters of Africa Award will make possible a course of study free of the worry of fees. Margaret Busby, alongside the publisher, will be donating a proportion of her royalties from the anthology to the fund.
Field(s) of Study:
- Full-time MA African Studies
- Full-time MA Comparative Literature
- Full-time MA Translation (in African Languages)
- This award is for a student with a particular interest in African Literature with the aim to support a new generation of African female writers
- Part-time programmes are not eligible
- New applicants only (new admissions, starting in September 2021)
Benefits of Margaret Busby New Daughters of Africa Award
The total value of the Margaret Busby New Daughters of Africa scholarship will be at least £20,000. Tuition fees will be deducted from this amount and any remainder may be used towards maintenance.
Requirements for Margaret Busby New Daughters of Africa Award Qualification
- Open to a black, female student who is ordinarilty resident in Africa.
- The award is for a student taking an MA in African Studies, MA Comparative Literature or MA Translation (in African Languages) at SOAS University of London. This award is for a student with a particular interest in African Literature with the aim to support a new generation of african female writers.
- Applicants must hold an offer to purpose one of the eligible degree programme at SOAS by the scholarships deadline.
- Applicants must meet the English language condition of their offer of admission to study at SOAS as soon as possible but no later than 1st June 2022. If your offer is conditional on English, please arrange your English test and ensure you meet the English requirement as soon as possible. Please note that most scholarships do not cover funding or even allow for Pre-sessionals. Please check the wording of your scholarship offer to see if you are eligible for Pre-sessional course or whether you need to achieve SOAS direct entry scores by the deadline specified in your scholarship terms and conditions.
Interview date, Process and Venue for Margaret Busby New Daughters of Africa Award
- Candidates will be assessed on academic merit by a Selection Panel consisting of three academic members.
- Academic references, degree result, CV your statement and other relevant information in your application will be considered to assess the above criteria.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to SOAS University of London on docs.google.com to apply
- Apply for your programme
Guidance for applying for Postgraduate Admissions and information on what makes an application be found here for How to Apply.
- STEP 2: Apply for the scholarship by 23:59 (UK local time) on 02 May 2022
You must apply for this scholarship via the online application form
For more details, visit SOAS University of London website.