International Graduate Research Scholarships is inviting credible applicants who are willing to partake in its ongoing 2022 Scholarship programme at Victoria University Australia
Victoria University was founded in the year 1991 as one of Australia’s few dual-sector universities, Victoria University is a public research university based in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
International graduate researchers are eligible for the following scholarships:
- Research Training Program (RTP) Stipend Scholarships – International
- VU International Postgraduate Research Scholarship
- Industry Supported Scholarships (preference given to Domestic applicants)
- Selected Project-Based Research Scholarship
- Foley Collection Research Scholarship.
Graduate research scholarships include tuition fees as well as a living allowance (stipend) of $29,000 (2021 rate) per year.
The international postgraduate research scholarships provide financial assistance to students with excellent academic qualifications who are participating in postgraduate research programs in Australia. These scholarships support high-quality research and are awarded on the basis of academic merit.
Benefits of Victoria University PhD Scholarship
- annual stipend value: at least $29,000 per year (2021 rate); note that some stipends are at a higher value
- overseas student health cover
- an RTP Fee Offset Scholarship exempting the recipient from paying tuition fees.
Requirements for Victoria University Ph.D. Scholarship Qualification
- be a citizen of any country other than Australia or New Zealand
- currently residing in Australia
- meet the University’s academic entrance requirements for enrolment into a research degree
Applicants for an RTP Stipend Scholarship – International or VU International Postgraduate Research Scholarship must also:
- have achieved an average grade of H1 (above 80% VU Standard) in the Honours or final year
- meet the University’s English language proficiency requirements for enrolment in a research degree
- be commencing masters by research or doctoral degree
- enroll as a full-time student.
You are not eligible for an RTP Stipend Scholarship – International, or VUIPRS if you are currently studying, or have recently studied, on an AIDAB or AUSAID scholarship and are applying for an IPRS immediately following the AIDAB/AUSAID funded studies.
Priority will be given to applicants who:
- have not already obtained a Ph.D. degree or equivalent if they are proposing to undertake another one
- have already obtained a master’s degree by research and are proposing to undertake another master’s degree by research
- have not previously held an IPRS, VUIPRS, or OPRS (unless it was for masters by research degree, and you are applying for an IPRS to undertake Ph.D. studies).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Victoria University on vu.smartygrants.com.au to apply
For information about applying for a scholarship please:
- read the Research scholarships application guide (PDF, 247 KB)
- refer to the Apply for a graduate research scholarship page.
Applications are only accepted for new domestic and international applicants (currently residing in Australia) in the Doctor of Philosophy and master’s degrees by research. Already enrolled candidates in a research degree at Victoria University or another institution are ineligible to apply for this round.