Insights Student Writing Competition is inviting credible applicants who are willing to partake in its ongoing 2022 Scholarship programme at Bloomberg Tax
Here’s how it works. Write an article addressing a timely tax policy issue. They’re looking for thoughtful analysis, not news or legal summary. Pick a topic, take a position, and explain why it matters in the tax world. For example, you could focus on reporting foreign assets for U.S. taxpayers, sticking points for crypto transactions, or analyzing challenges related to enforcing the OECD’s Pillars One and Two. You can choose anything as long as it’s tax-focused and policy-oriented.
Benefits of Insights Student Writing Competition
They will publish the winning entry—and maybe some other standouts—this summer as one of their Bloomberg Tax Insights. And new this year, the student with the winning entry will also receive a one-year subscription to Bloomberg Tax so as not to miss any tax news and updates.
Requirements for Insights Student Writing Competition Qualification
- You must be a part-time or full-time law student at an accredited U.S. law school or foreign equivalent, or a part-time or full-time student pursuing an undergraduate or graduate tax, accounting, or business degree.
- Co-authored or team papers are welcome.
Here’s what else you need to know:
- Entries should weigh in between 750 and 1,750 words.
- Works must be original and may not appear elsewhere.
- They don’t publish footnotes or endnotes, but you can hyperlink to sources. Be sure to credit any sources or quotes.
- You can submit charts or graphs to make your article more compelling, but you’re not required to do so.
How to Apply
Email all entries with “Student Submission” in the subject line to [email protected] Send the entry in plain text, either as a text file or typed directly in the body of the email or as a PDF. No other attachments or formats will be accepted—and don’t send any zip files.
Include your full name, your school’s name, and your email address at the end of the entry—they will redact this information for their judges, so this placement is critical.
The deadline for entries is 11:59 p.m. EDT on June 15, 2022.
For more details, visit Bloomberg Tax website.