In-Region Scholarship Programme South Africa at University of the Witwatersrand 2022 is inviting credible applicants who are willing to partake in its ongoing 2022 Scholarship programme at ACMS
The African Centre for Migration & Society (ACMS) is Africa’s leading scholarly institution for research and teaching on human mobility. Established in 1993.
Benefits of In-Region Scholarship Programme South Africa
Full scholarships are available for Four MA and Five PhD students accepted for the Migration and Displacement programme at ACMS in 2023
Requirements for In-Region Scholarship Programme South Africa Qualification
- Must be nationals or permanent residents of a Sub-Saharan African country (excluding South Africa);
- Must have completed their last university degree not more than 6 years ago at the time of application;
- MA applicants must have an Honours degree or equivalent in Humanities with a total aggregate mark of at least 65%;
- PhD applicants must have an MA degree in Humanities (preferably in Social Sciences) with a total aggregate mark of at least 70%;
- Must have been accepted to study for MA/PhD in Migration and Displacement at ACMS (please see application information here).
Documents Required for Application
Applications should include:
- A cover letter summarising qualifications, professional experience and reasons for interest in the Migration and Displacement programme;
- A complete CV;
- Copies of transcripts and degree certificates;
- SAQA evaluation (for foreign qualifications);
- A short research proposal (1500 words maximum) outlining the proposed research project;
- A writing sample of not more than 10,000 words (e.g., a chapter; article; term paper).
- Proof of admission or application for admission at Wits/ACMS
How to Apply
Application deadline (pre-selection): 30 April 2022. Late applications will not be considered.
Female applicants and candidates from less privileged regions or groups are especially encouraged to apply.
Email all queries and application materials to: [email protected]
For more details, visit the ACMS website.