HDR International Scholarships is inviting credible applicants who are willing to partake in its ongoing 2022 Scholarship for;
- An Undergraduate degree program
- Open to Indian citizens living in India
- To study in the field of courses taught at the university
- At Deakin University
- Successful applicants will be awarded 20 off tuition
Why You Should Study at Deakin University
- Deakin University is a reputable Australian university that offers students flexible study options through studying online or part-time regardless of location.
- The university also prides itself on its distinctive academic record, which positions it as one of Australia’s top 10 institutions.
- Deakin University has a very fair acceptance rate of 75% for both international and domestic students.
Benefits of HDR Scholarship
Stipend and Allowances Value
- A stipend of $28,600 per annum for 2021 or $28,900 per annum for 2022 tax exempt
- A relocation allowance from $500 to $1,500 (for single to family) awarded to students who are moving from interstate or overseas in order to study at Deakin
- For international students only: Single Overseas Student Health Cover policy for the duration of the student visa.
Doctoral Degree Duration
- 3 years for stipend and 4 years for the tuition fees offset
Research Master Degree Duration
- 2 years for stipend and 2 years for the tuition fees offset
Requirements for HDR Scholarship Qualification
- To be eligible for an RTP Stipend, RTP Fees Offset, RTP Allowance or DUPRS a student must be a domestic or international student enrolled in an HDR course of study at Deakin University
- To be eligible for an RTP Fees Offset an applicant must not be receiving an equivalent award or scholarship from the Commonwealth designed to offset HDR fees
- To be eligible for an RTP or DUPRS Stipend a student must not be receiving income from another source to support that student’s general living costs while undertaking their course of study if that income is greater than 75 per cent of that student’s RTP or DUPRS Stipend rate. Income unrelated to the student’s course of study or income received for the student’s course of study but not for the purposes of supporting general living costs is not to be taken into account.
- Please refer to the research degree entry pathways page for information on admission requirements to a HDR course at Deakin University.
- Terms and conditions for each scholarship are detailed in the Further Information section below. For information about our RTP Scholarship Policy please refer to the Higher Degrees by Research (HDR) Scholarships Procedure.
How to Apply
RTP and DUPRS Stipends will be awarded to students as the result of a competitive process outlined in the ranking guidelines as below. Students receiving an RTP or DUPRS Stipend will be enrolled as on-campus full-time students.
Applicants for an RTP or DUPRS Stipend must have:
- completed at least four years of tertiary education studies
- have achieved 80% or equivalent in the research component of their previous study or an equivalent level of academic attainment, taking into account previous study, relevant work experience, research publications and other research experience
- meet all other minimum entry requirements according to the Higher Degrees by Research (HDR) Admission, Selection and Enrolment Procedure. Please refer to the research degree entry pathways page for more information.
Currently enrolled HDR students can apply for an RTP or DUPRS Stipend and will be assessed by the Faculty/Institute. Currently, enrolled students may not apply after they have completed more than 3 years of their doctoral course or 2 years of their master’s course (or part-time equivalent).
For information about the RTP Fees Offset selection process and the offer process for all scholarships please refer to the Higher Degrees by Research (HDR) Scholarships Procedure.
For more details, visit the Deakin University website.