LEAD Fellowship for Women Leaders is inviting credible applicants who are willing to partake in its ongoing 2022 Scholarship programme at Harvard University.
The Harvard University Center for African Studies is a university-based think tank situated at Harvard University, internationally recognized as an interdisciplinary body dedicated to broadening knowledge about Africa and African perspectives.
Benefits of LEAD Fellowship
- The program will provide housing in the Boston/Cambridge area; 1 roundtrip, economy class ticket to/from Harvard University; office space; a monthly stipend; and access to libraries and other resources at Harvard University during the fellowship period. Fellows are responsible for arranging health insurance for themselves and dependents in advance of the start of the program and are required to set up a US bank account while in residence.
- Upon returning to their home institutions, fellows will be required to submit regular progress reports, execute all elements of their 18-month development plan, and will be expected to mentor trainees at their home institutions as well as future Women in Global Health LEAD Fellowship awardees.
Requirements for LEAD Fellowship Qualification
- Applicants for this mid-career fellowship must work full-time in the field of global health. They need to have at least 15 years of professional experience, including proven leadership experience. Global-health-related work completed as a university student does not count as professional experience.
- Candidates need to be able to reside in the Boston/Cambridge area during their semester at Harvard. While at the university, they must be free of work-related commitments. They must have the full support of their employers, and they must have a champion in their organization who signs on as an internal mentor. If chosen, they also must agree in writing to honor the leave stipulations made with their employers.
- Candidates nominate themselves by applying for the fellowship. There are no age limits or academic prerequisites. During at least two years prior to arrival, the fellows should not have participated in a full-time fellowship that lasted 4 months or longer.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Harvard University on fs6.formsite.com to apply
For more details, visit the Harvard University website.