The University of Cambridge is inviting credible applicants willing to partake in its ongoing 2022Scholarship programme The University of Cambridge was founded in the year 1209 as a collegiate research university in Cambridge, United Kingdom, it is the 2nd oldest university in the English-speaking world and the world’s fourth-oldest surviving university. Each year Gates Cambridge offers c.80 full-cost scholarships to outstanding applicants from countries outside the UK to pursue a postgraduate degree in any subject available at the University of Cambridge. Approximately two-thirds of these awards will be offered to PhD students, with approximately 25 awards available in the US round and 55 available in the International round.
Benefits of University of Cambridge Masters ScholarshipA Gates Cambridge scholarship covers the full cost of studying at Cambridge. It also provides additional, discretionary funding. Core components
- the University Composition Fee at the appropriate rate*
- a maintenance allowance for a single student (£18,744 for 12 months at the 2022-23 rate; pro rata for courses shorter than 12 months) – for PhD scholars the award is for up to 4 years
- one economy single airfare at both the beginning and end of the course
- inbound visa costs & the cost of the Immigration Health Surcharge
- Academic development funding – from up to £500 to up to £2,000, dependent on the length of your course, to attend conferences and courses.
- Family allowance – up to £10,944 for one child and up to £15,612 for two or more children (2022-23 rate). No funding is provided for a partner.
- Fieldwork – you may apply to keep up to your normal maintenance allowance while on fieldwork as part of your PhD (the Trust does not fund other fieldwork costs as these should be funded by the University Composition Fee).
- Maternity/Paternity funding – should you require it, you may apply to intermit your studies for up to 6 months and continue to receive your maintenance allowance during this time
- Hardship funding – for unforeseen difficulties facing the scholar.
How to ApplyInterested and qualified? Go to University of Cambridge on apply.postgraduate.study.cam.ac.uk to apply