Early Career Academic Research Grant for Women is inviting credible applicants who are willing to partake in its ongoing 2022 Scholarship programme at Flinders University.
Flinders University was founded in 1966 as a public research university in Adelaide. The university is ranked amongst the world’s top 300 institutions according to the Times Higher Education rankings.
Benefits of Early Career Academic Research Grant for Women
The Capstone Editing Early Career Academic Research Grant for Women provides up to A$5,000 for one academic per year to assist with the costs associated with a research project of her choosing leading towards a publication.
Requirements for Early Career Academic Research Grant for Women Qualification
Before applying for this scholarship, please check your eligibility against these criteria:
- You must be a woman.
- You must be employed as an academic staff member in a position that involves research at an Australian or New Zealand university (i.e. staff in teaching-only positions are not eligible and professional staff are not eligible).
- You may be employed on a continuing or fixed-term basis. (Casual staff is not eligible.)
- You may be employed part-time or full-time.
- You must be an early career academic. This is defined as someone who holds a Ph.D. and has graduated from their Ph.D. within the past six years or who has begun continuing or fixed-term employment in an academic position for the first time within the past two years.
- The research project must be one intended to lead to publication. This is defined as a research project for which one of the expected outcomes is a publication of a peer-reviewed journal article, book chapter, or book. It is recognized that academic research is incredibly varied and that some research will result clearly and quickly in a publication while other research might not lead to a publication for some time. Part of the purpose of this grant is to assist women to overcome barriers to their career progression, and publication is crucial to this. That is why one of the goals of the research project should be publication. You can specify in your application the type of publication you are aiming for and how it is related to your research project.
- Previous recipients of this grant may not apply again.
- Previous unsuccessful applicants may reapply every year if they wish.
- You cannot apply if you are an employee or contractor of Capstone Editing (or a family member of an employee or contractor).
For more details, visit the Flinders University website.