Africa Frontiers of Science, Engineering, and Medicine Symposium 2022 is inviting credible applicants who are willing to partake in its ongoing 2022 Scholarship programme at the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine
The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine provide independent, objective advice to inform policy with evidence, spark progress and innovation, and confront challenging issues for the benefit of society.
The first symposium will take place in partnership with the African Academy of Sciences in Nairobi, Kenya, on October 12 – 14, 2022.
Attendees discuss advances across a broad range of multi-diciplinary topics through five plenary sessions, including:
1. Artificial Intelligence
2. Materials Science
4. Climate Change and Food Security
5. Infectious Diseases
Requirements for First U.S.-Africa Frontiers of Science, Engineering, and Medicine Symposium Qualification
- Be an emerging leader in science, engineering or medicine. Active researchers and professionals from industry, academia, public service, non-profit and other sectors with a terminal degree are eligible to apply (current students are not eligible);
- Have completed your highest degree less than 15 years ago. Selected members are typically within 10-12 years of their advanced degree at the experience level of assistant/associate professor or equivalent in a non-academic setting;
- Professional proficiency in English;
- Be employed in the U.S. or one of the African Union member countries, but citizenship of the country of residence is not required;
- Have demonstrated accomplishments in science, engineering, or medical research, or technical work with recognizable contributions to advancing their fields;
- Be interested in developments in other fields (and in engaging with people working on them) and be able to consider how advances, techniques, and approaches in those areas relate to the nominee’s own field; and
- Conduct research with a strong potential for developmental impact in the US and/or Africa (participation in scientific projects,/scientific meetings/contribution to the promotion of S&T within society).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine on www.grantinterface.com to apply
For more details, visit the website.