The University of Edinburgh is inviting credible applicants who are willing to partake in its ongoing 2022 Scholarship for;
- A Masters degree Program
- Open to International Students
- To study in all field of courses offered
- At the University of Edinburgh
- Successful Candidates will be awarded
Why You Should Study at the University of Edinburgh.
- The university is renowned for its beautiful campus and its architecture is magnificent.
- Edinburgh University is a brilliant uni to study at. It’s well-placed in the center of an historic city and offers a broad range of excellent degrees.
- The university is one oldest prestigious universities in the world.
- The University of Edinburgh is ranked best in Edinburgh for Social Studies & Humanities (Social Work).
- The University of Edinburgh is one of the world’s top universities, consistently ranked in the world top 50.
Benefits of Catto MSc & PhD Scholarships
The funding covers four years of support in either case. The successful applicant will start their studies in September 2022. This Scholarship is made possible through generous funding from the Stephen Gordon Catto Charitable Trust. It will cover full fees as well as an annual stipend of £15,840 during the one-year MSc and in the subsequent three years of PhD study or throughout four years of PhD study. Upfront support of £4000 will also be provided to help cover UK visa application costs, travel costs to Edinburgh and any other costs incurred by the awardee before arriving in Edinburgh.
Requirements for Catto MSc & PhD Scholarships Qualification
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be a female who is normally domiciled in an African country listed here.
- have received an excellent undergraduate degree (minimum of a high 2.1) in the social sciences from an accredited university in Africa (a Masters degree achieved with distinction will be an advantage for those wishing to go directly into a PhD).
- not have previously received a degree from a university outside Africa (with the exception of current or former students of The University of Edinburgh).
- demonstrate commitment to studying for a PhD in African Studies.
- demonstrate leadership potential (broadly defined), and intention to maximize the impact of their research.
- have submitted an application to study for the MSc in Africa and International Development and/or the PhD in African Studies at the University of Edinburgh by 15 April 2022.
As a key goal of the scholarship is to diversify the scholars from the African continent who contribute original and important research to African Studies, this scholarship is only open to scholars normally domiciled in African countries.
Interview date, Process and Venue for Catto MSc & PhD Scholarships
All applications will be assessed after the closing date and shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an online interview.
Documents Required for Application
If you are interested and meet all of the above, please submit:
- A summary of your research proposal (maximum 2 pages).
- A cover letter indicating your motivations and future plans (maximum 1 page).
- An academic CV, clearly showing class of degree and previous educational achievements (maximum 2 pages).
- A letter of reference from an academic familiar with your work.
How to Apply
The PDF document must be named as follows: First Name Surname_CATTO APPLICATION_2022
Example: Idia Asante_CATTO APPLICATION_2022
All applications must use the email subject line: CATTO SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION 2022
Applications must be submitted in a single pdf document on or before 12:00 Noon GMT on 30 April 2022 to [email protected]
For more details, visit University of Edinburgh website.