Calthorpe Wong Indigenous Medical Scholarship 2022 is inviting credible applicants who are willing to partake in its ongoing 2022 Scholarship programme at Flinders University
Flinders University was founded in 1966 as a public research university in Adelaide. The university is ranked amongst the world’s top 300 institutions according to the Times Higher Education rankings.
Benefits of Calthorpe Wong Indigenous Medical Scholarship
Successful scholarship applicants will receive an award of $20,000 per academic year for an initial period of up to four years subject to satisfactory academic progress. Payments will be made in fortnightly instalments.
Requirements for Calthorpe Wong Indigenous Medical Scholarship Qualification
To be eligible, scholarship applicants must:
- be of Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent; and
- identify as being of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent; and
- be accepted as such by the community in which they live or have lived; and
- be enrolled in the Doctor of Medicine at Flinders University; and
- be able to demonstrate financial hardship; and
Students receiving this scholarship will not be eligible to hold similar scholarships concurrently.
Interview date, Process and Venue for Calthorpe Wong Indigenous Medical Scholarship
Selection will be made by the College of Medicine and Public Health and Yunggorendi Student Services in conjunction with Student Finance and Scholarships.
The Scholarship will be determined on the following selection criteria:
· financial need
· demonstrated desire to work as a doctor in an Indigenous community post-graduation.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted online through the Flinders University Student System by the specified closing date. Please read the how to apply page and ensure all of your personal details are up-to-date in the Student System as you will be assessed using this information.
The following documentation will be required as part of the application process:
- Applicants who are in receipt of a Commonwealth Income Support payment will need to demonstrate evidence of this. This can be done by uploading a recent Centrelink (or DVA) Income Statement which shows you are currently in receipts of government means tested benefits.
- Applicants who are not in receipt of a Commonwealth Income Support payment as described above will need to complete the Financial Hardship Form which is downloadable below.
For more details, visit Flinders University website.