Ph.D. Scholarships for African Students is inviting credible applicants who are willing to partake in its ongoing 2022 Scholarship programme at ASRIC/UEMF
The need to establish an African Scientific, Research and Innovation Council (ASRIC) dates back to the First African Congress for Scientific Research, Technology and Drug Industry that was held in Cairo 13 – 15 December 2004, and culminated in the 2005 Sirte Executive Council decision EX/CL/Dec.216 (VII), requesting the Commission to study the matter.
The University was created with the aim to promote the values of leadership, entrepreneurship, innovation, and solidarity, in furtherance UEMF is a growing center of excellence in higher education and research with more than one and half thousand students, 24% of which are scholarship recipients. Meanwhile, international partnership agreements signed in 2018 with Belgian, French, German, Moroccan, and Spanish higher education institutions promise new opportunities for academic exchanges.
Considering the comparative advantage and the common mandate of ASRIC and UEMF “building Africa’s technical competencies” the two institutions decided to engage in long-term scientific collaboration and as of that, the UEMF offered Scholarships for African Ph.D. students to undertake studies and research work at UEMF.
The candidate MUST be ready to undertake research in the following areas:
- a. Artificial Intelligence;
- b. Additive Manufacturing;
- c. Green hydrogen and Power-to-X;
- d. Batteries;
- e. Sensors.
Benefits of ASRIC/UEMF Ph.D. Scholarships
The scholarship includes; tuition fees of about $9,000, accommodation, annually one return ticket from your home country with a maximum contribution of $1,000 during summer vacation, and a stipend allowance of $1,000 monthly for 11 months every year.
Requirements for ASRIC/UEMF Ph.D. Scholarships Qualification
- Must be national of the one of the African Union Member states;
- Applicants must be less than 35years of age at the end date of this call;
- Must have a Master’s Degree (in science or engineering), Diploma or Engineering Diploma, or any other equivalent diploma (baccalaureate + 5); and
- The candidate must demonstrate remarkable ability and devotion along with experiences in conducting research in the selected field of study.
How to Apply
The application form for this call should be completed and submitted before the deadline of the call. The following is also to be attached to the application form (Download Application Form HERE):
- a. An updated CV;
- b. A certified copy of the baccalaureate;
- c. A certified copy of the master’s diploma or the engineering diploma or any other equivalent diploma (Bac + 5);
- d. A copy of certified transcript(s) of all university-level coursework completed corresponding to the diploma or master’s;
- e. A copy of the Master (or equivalent) thesis or dissertation;
- f. A certified copy of the international passport.
- g. 2 personal passport size photographs
For any further inquiries, contact:
African Union Scientific, Technical and Research Commission
Plot 114 Yakubu Gowon Crescent,
For more details, visit ASRIC website.