African Women in STEM Scholarship is inviting credible applicants who are willing to partake in its ongoing 2022 Scholarship programme at Macquarie University
- An undergraduate degree program
- Open to International students
- To study in the field of courses taught at the university
- At Macquarie University
- Successful applicants will be awarded $5,000
Why You Should Study at Macquarie University
- Macquarie University is one of Australias leading universities and top-ranked in the world
- The university is located in one of Australia’s most dynamic cities Sydney, New South Wales.
- Graduates from the university are highly sought after by top employers
Benefits of African Women in STEM Scholarship
The total value of the scholarships is 50% of the total tuition fee
Requirements for African Women in STEM Scholarship Qualification
To be eligible for this scholarship, you need to be a female applicant studying a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics degree at an undergraduate or postgraduate level. You also have to meet the following criteria:
- You need to be a citizen of the Sub-Saharan Africa* region to be eligible for this scholarship.
- Achieve a minimum 65 WAM for Postgraduate or a minimum 85 ATAR (or equivalent) for Undergraduate applications.
- Hold a full offer for one the courses listed in the ‘Applicable course’ section below (single or double degree).
- Be a full-time student studying on-campus (or online if impacted by COVID-19 border restrictions)
- Must not have received a scholarship or sponsorship from Macquarie University or another organisation (unless stated otherwise by the Scholarship Committee).
How to Apply
To be considered for this scholarship applicants are required to complete a nomination form and hold a valid offer letter to study at Macquarie University. As part of the application form you must:
- Enter your student number as outlined on your Macquarie University Offer Letter.
- Submit an application form and type “African Women STEM” in the Scholarship Name field.
- Upon receipt of the scholarship application, students will be contacted with further details on submitting a selfie video as part of the assessment process.
For more details, visit Macquarie University website.