Africa Digital Innovation Competition 2022 is inviting credible applicants who are willing to partake in its ongoing 2022 Scholarship programme at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
The competition will be focused on three broad thematic areas:
- Fintech and Cyber Solutions: covering data flow solutions cross border digital platform solutions, mobile technology, intellectual property management, cyber security, and digital movement of creative art (movies, music, art).
- Sustainability & Supply Chain Solutions: covering smart manufacturing, e-commerce, management of shared economies, improvement to digital supply chain, logistics solutions to e-commerce businesses, and agriculture technology (AgTech).
- Human Development & Social Services Solutions: covering digital health solutions, an e-learning platforms.
The United States Chamber of Commerce (USCC) was established in the year 1912 as the largest lobbying group in the United States, representing over three million businesses and organizations.
Benefits of Africa Digital Innovation Competition
- The Digital Innovation Competition will award cash prizes and in-kind services to be provided to the top three winners.
- The in-kind services may include laptops, annual subscriptions to digital platforms, mentoring, and digital marketing/advertising services for the top three winners of the competition. The top three winners will also be offered a virtual platform to engage with mentors and participants during the Digital Economy Summit on December 07, 2022.
Requirements for Africa Digital Innovation Competition Qualification
Within its strategic vision, USAfBC is looking for innovative proposals that, through digital solutions, articulate stories of impact and clearly identify the challenges and actions to implement solutions in the digital space. The Digital Innovation Competition is open to entrepreneurs, startups, and independent innovators who have turned ideas into digital innovation to improve living conditions for Africans amid the pandemic.
To be eligible, an applicant (or their startup) must:
i. Be a startup or innovator with at least 51% African ownership
ii. Must be incorporated /registered with the appropriate country-based body, e.g., the Nigerian Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC)
iii. Not be a government agency, public administration, political organization, or non-profit of any type Africa Digital Entrepreneurship Competition 2022
iv. Startup must be headquartered in one of the African Countries.
v. Startup must Not be older than five (5) years and not be part of a franchise brand or licensing agreements for distribution in a different country
vi. Not be a Business engaged in any illegal activity and not listed on the U.S. Department of the Treasury’s Sanctions List
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to the U.S. Chamber of Commerce on usafbc.awardsplatform.com to apply
For more details, visit the website.