African Centre for Cities (ACC) is inviting credible applicants who are willing to partake in its ongoing 2022 Scholarship for;
- A fellowship Program
- Open to International Students
- To study in all field of courses offered
- At the African Centre for Cities (ACC)
- Successful Candidates will be awarded R370,000 per annum.
About the ACC 2022 African Mayoral Leadership Initiative Postdoctoral Research Fellowships.
The ACC 2022 African Mayoral Leadership Initiative Postdoctoral Research Fellowships is aimed at providing education to solve the urban problems of Africa.
Given that 95% of urban growth between now and 2050 will take place in Africa and Asia, the global South must take the lead in exploring and theorizing emergent forms of urbanity.
By necessity this knowledge practice must be rooted in concrete experiments to figure out how to imagine, enact and institutionalize novel forms of city-making.
|School||African Centre for Cities (ACC)|
|Study Type||Full time|
|Deadline||April 22, 2022|
Requirements for This Scholarship
- Applicants are expected to have completed a doctoral degree in an area of study relevant to urban studies within the past five years (e.g. Urban Planning, Urban Studies, Urban Geography, and related fields).
- Applicants may not previously have held permanent full-time professional or academic posts.
- As the Lab has a pan-African focus, applicants should have an extensive knowledge of cities across least two different sub-regions of Africa as defined by the United Nations (Southern Africa, East Africa, Middle Africa, West Africa, and Northern Africa) and a track record of relevant research and publication.
- Fluency in English is a requirement.
- Experience in GIS and other statistical packages (such as XPSS) and fluency in French will be an advantage.
- The successful candidate will be required to participate in the AMALI Urban Governance Lab on research topics related to urban governance and urban development in African cities (these topics will have to be decided on consultation with the 2 Programme Coordinator, Associate Professor Warren Smit).
- They will be required to comply with the University’s approved policies, procedures, and practises for the postdoctoral sector.
How To Apply
Qualified and interested applicants are to click on the link below to apply.